VAPS Approved VCE Philosophy Tutors (Valid until June 30th, 2019)
- Kalinda Ashton (email) Preferred locations: All inner suburbs of Melbourne (~15kms from city centre)
- Janette Poulton (email) Preferred locations: Northern metropolitan Melbourne
- Peter Clarkson (email) Preferred locations: Outer-east metropolitan Melbourne, Ringwood, Lilydale, Belgrave, Emerald
- Kristy Forrest (email) Preferred locations: Richmond and South Yarra and surrounding suburbs, City (State Library)
- Louise Conwell (email) Preferred locations: Inner-north metropolitan Melbourne, City
- Deborah Cordingley (email) Preferred locations: South-east metropolitan Melbourne
- Liam Brown (email) Preferred locations: Hawthorn, Inner-east metropolitan Melbourne
Information for parents and students looking for a VAPS Approved Tutor
Parents and students are welcome to contact the approved tutors from the list above by email to arrange tutoring. Parents and students are responsible for organising appropriate times, locations and conditions for tutoring and also for negotiating tutor rates. VAPS is not responsible for negotiating appropriate rates, times, locations or conditions on behalf of either a parents and students or the approved tutors listed above. VAPS does not make a profit from tutoring and offers the approval service as a free professional service only.
Please note that while as part of the approval process all VAPS Tutors are required to submit a certified copy of their Working With Children card or their VIT (Victorian Institute of Teaching) card or registration number, VAPS takes no responsibility for the veracity of the information provided by applicants and advises parents and students to check these documents with the relevant authorities.
Parents and students can check the current status a Working With Children card by following the on-screen instructions at the following Victoria Government website (link).
VIT registration statuses can also be checked online via the following link to the VIT website (link).
Please note that teachers currently registered with the VIT do not need a WWC card as well.
Applying for Recognition as a VAPS Tutor
If you would like to apply to have your details as a Philosophy tutor on the VAPS website, please complete the following application form (link) and submit it by email to the VAPS Committee (email). You must also scan and send a certified copy of your current Working With Children card or Victorian Institute of Teaching card with your application. The VAPS Committee will then review your application, making further contact if necessary. Once approved, your details will be listed above as a VAPS Approved Tutor. Applicants whose applications are not approved will be contacted by the Committee.
Approval is valid until December 31st of each year. Re-applying as above is necessary in order to be approved for the following year. Prior approval does not guarantee approval for the following year.